You might be aware that I have, what some people (John) may call "bed issues." In order to sleep well, the following must be strictly adhered to:
- The bed must be made before climbing in, even if that means making the bed at 10:30pm.
- The sheets must be aligned straight in the bed. All. Night. Long. The whole bed, not just my side.
- There must be just the right balance of sheet/blanket weight on the bed. There is no scientific formula to determine this weight - I alone know the right balance.
- Jersey sheets are not permitted, as they are not sleep conducive. They stretch.
- Fleece sheets are not permitted either. They bunch.
- No touching when sleeping. There are four corners to a bed. Pick one and stay there.
As I mentioned earlier, I have been rather cold lately, in my quest for happiness. As you can see from rules 3, 4, 5, and 6, there are several impediments that can make it difficult to stay warm. But - I am happy to report, I found the solution at Costco yesterday. My thermostat is still set at 66, but I am now sleeping warm and cozy all night long.
ODE TO FLANNEL SHEETS
Cozy, warm, pilling
I love my flannel sheet
My feet don't freeze
My hands aren't numb
A sleep inducing treat
Gentle luxury surrounds
Under and over me, too
Rules no more
Chill-zones be gone
At last, happiness is true.
I'll report back and let you know how my happiness grows now that my thermostat is properly set and I have my flannel sheets. I'm anticipating greatness. What about you - what makes you happy?